Hair Inspiration: Summer 2014

My hair is long. Like, past-the-boobs long. I love having long hair! My parents wouldn't let me and my sister cut our hair short when we were young. Not sure why; probably because they thought long hair was more aesthetically pleasing. But when I got to college, I was overwhelmed by my new-found freedom and cut all my hair off, above the shoulders. GASP! I know. I loved it at first, but eventually I missed the length. So began the long process of growing out of my hair again. It felt like it took a long time for my hair to grow back and that's probably why I haven't gone "short" since. However, this southern heat is brutal, y'all. It's way worse than in Hawaii. We're talking about Guam levels of humidity! And my hair is so long that it gives me a headache if I keep it up for too long. So, it has to go for the summer. I'll miss you.

These are the pictures that are inspiring my next haircut:

kate mara

jennifer lawrence

elizabeth olsen

gwyneth paltrow


alexa chung

keira knightley

olivia palermo

images via pinterest

Yes, I am going for that shoulder-length hair. I talked to my husband about it and I asked him if he thought I would regret it. He said, "I don't think so. But if you do, it will grow back and shoulder length isn't that short." Words of rationality. Thank you!

I'm just imagining how light it's gonna feel. Like, literally, a weight has been lifted.

No comments