Ringly


I first heard about Ringly a couple months ago and really wanted to pre-order it back then. However, I couldn't justify a $145 purchase of jewelry, even if it is wearable tech, while we were living off of one paycheck. I eventually forgot about it... Until now! When I heard about the Tory Burch for FitBit news, I suddenly remembered Ringly and put in my pre-order!

Ringly is a cocktail ring made from semi-precious and precious gemstones set in gold-plated brass and manages to house a light, motor, battery, and accelerometer. Using Bluetooth LE-technology, Ringly connects to your phone and sends you customized notifications through four vibration patterns and five colors. It is quite big, but not obnoxiously so (at least in my opinion). Actually, I think it looks sleek and pretty!

Some might say that the Ringly will still make people dependent on their phones because the whole point of putting away your phone is not getting notifications. It could be equally, if not more, distracting than just having a phone in your hands or on the table. However, being able to customize the notifications eliminates that. You can set it to only get notifications of important calls or texts or whatever you decide that you want to know right away, and you can forget the rest and focus on dinner or conversations with your friends.

For me, the Ringly will also be useful for when my phone is in my bag. I end up missing a lot of phone calls and texts because I can't hear or feel my phone. So, it will be very useful to know when someone is trying to reach me.

These are all the reasons that I used to justify my purchase to Dallin. Haha. I don't think he cared, but at least it makes me feel better about it!

You can still pre-order! Early supporters get 25% off the retail price. :) They're supposed to ship sometime in Fall 2014. I can't wait to get mine!


Btw, I just started a full-time job on Monday after being unemployed for 2 years (hurray!). I've been feeling exhausted so far, so sorry for the lack of posts. (I just started blogging recently!). Hopefully I'll feel recharged after the weekend. :) In the meantime, I'll try to find the energy to write about stuff that I care about.

Thanks for reading!

*all opinions are my own! photo via ringly's facebook. links are non-referral/un-affiliated.

2 comments

  1. Congrats on your new job! It is definitely worth celebrating for, so your pre-order is well justified. :)

    ReplyDelete